Thread: Playster?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #39
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
My first issue with the Playster app is the volume. I have my phone turned up to max volume and with my earbuds I can barely hear it in a quiet room. If I were trying to listen outside, I wouldn't be able to. I don't see any way to increase the volume somehow within Playster. Actually, the whole app interface is a bit confusing. I downloaded a book, then turned off the wifi, and then couldn't figure out how to access the book--kept getting a screen saying I was offline. Well, duh. Then I tried accessing the DLed book with the wifi on, then turned wifi off, and it played.

It may just be that I'm fumbling around and did something wrong. But the volume issue--that's terrible.

One good thing is that, unlike Hoopla, the audio files apparently download to the SD card rather than to internal memory--a big deal when I have limited internal memory.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote