View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
DBDigital
Connoisseur
DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DBDigital ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Well for one thing these people are rather lacking in the mental department. Why would they think this wouldn't paint a big BULLSEYE on themselves?

As for pirating makes up 50% of the industry, no way lol. The simple reason is, in my experience that if someone pirates, they wouldn't have bought it anyway (there are exceptions, such as if they can't purchase the content normally due to crazy restrictions). And in the long run it doesn't really hurt the artist/publisher. Granted they shouldn't say here do whatever, but if you give simple easy ways to buy people will do it. And think about it, it is FREE advertising. If 50 pirates talk to say 3 friends each that something is a great book, they likely will go buy it from their e-reader than go underground. And you just made a whole bunch of sales you wouldn't have otherwise.

This is something the industry just doesn't understand. Something else to consider: Libraries. Just like what was posted here a few days ago, the publishers make libraries pay a exorbitant fee per book because they think that it costs them sales. But again the people that barrow from a library usually can't buy the book anyway. And they might tell friends that CAN buy it and you make sales you wouldn't have otherwise.

Publishers only seem to see part of the picture. Like I said I am not saying they should give away the work, but on the other hand I think they go crazy with DRM that just hurts them in the long run.
DBDigital is offline   Reply With Quote