View Single Post
Old 06-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #52
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you could shove me a look-see at some audio-code.

Cheers
The quotes show two built-in audio players, both that can accept audio (different formats) piped from STDIN:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2080308

As I recall, aplay needs a parameter to tell it that the input format is "cd" audio, to match what ffmpeg puts out.

I never got around to posting my "all features" static build of ffmpeg for the kindles (tested on K3 and K5). I think I still need to post my "raw2gmv" video trancoder too. I could pipe ffmpeg|raw2gmv|gmplay on a K5, but a K3 was only fast enough to pipe raw2gmv to gzip and to a file (like videos saved in the gm video thread), then play that with zcat piped to gmplay.

The problem with ffmpeg is that even the online guides show starting multiple instances of it, one to output video and another to output audio. Both output streams sync to the input framerate, so the stay in sync.

If you want to do something useful, try building ffmpeg with also sound. I think I had toolchain version problems. NiLuJe suggested a hint to fix alsa sound in the gm video thread, I think...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote