View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:48 AM   #1
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
"Automatic Downloaders" framework

Hi folks,

there are numerous automatic downloaders for different newspapers, comics etc. out there. Using more than one of them is not very handy, as they all start a new network connection and take some time to download.

I've found a better and faster way to automate things a little bit. You can integrate the newspaper download into the existing iDS mechanism:
  1. There's a script (/usr/bin/pre_download.sh) which is executed after the network connection is established
  2. I've added a simple
    Code:
    run-parts /etc/download
    before the "exit" statement
  3. I've created the /etc/download directory and added some scripts to it
  4. Voila, my scripts in /etc/download are executed while I'm connecting to the iDS.
Given this framework it should be easy to provide modified versions of the existing downloader scripts and add them to /etc/download/. So what do you think guys?
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote