View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #7
oneillpt
Connoisseur
oneillpt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (cracked screen!); PW1; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
AFAIK, only Java Mobi Metadata Editor displays all of these metadata entries. (For example, in the French dictionary that you have all of these entries are coincidentally set to French.)

Note that unless a default dictionary has been defined, the K3.4 firmware will always select a dictionary based on the dictionary input language of the dictionary. I.e. changing the document language of a mobi dictionary file is rather pointless.
Thanks for the link to JavaMobi Metadata Editor. Mobi2Mobi does show three entries, but one of these is sometimes wrong.

The input and output languages are indeed correct for the MobiPocket 1932-35 Academie Francaise dictionary.

However the problem with the Merriam Webster French-English and Spanish-English translation dictionaries is that the input and output languages are reversed, as shown in the attached image. These input and output languages are the same as the corresponding English-French and English-Spanish dictionaries, and so correct in the English-* dictionaries but wrong for the *-English ones.

I can use the editor to correct these settings, but the corrected file is then not recognised when uploaded to the Kindle. I guess that this is because the file is protected against tampering by a CRC calculation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DicMW.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	108582  
oneillpt is offline   Reply With Quote