View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #17407
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
'Tis been a while since I was last logged in. I'm now reading A Cruel Deceit by Lauren Haney. It's the 6th of 8 mystery novels set in ancient Egypt. Most of the books in the series are a measly $0.99 for the Amazon Kindle. Since I had started reading the dead tree editions, I quickly bought all the rest of the series in eBook format.

I'm loving the recommendations I've seen in this thread. Several of them have been on my "I intend to read sometime" list -- which never gets any shorter because I keep adding books to it. See:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Just finished "Wizard's Bane" by Rick Cook, which I bought many years ago from Baen. This is the first book in a series. All worth reading.
On my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I am almost done the last book in the "Rain Wilds quartet" by Robin Hobb. I feel like I'm going to be a bit lost after I leave the realm of the Elderlings.
Also on my list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now onto a freebie: Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality by Eliezer Yudkowsky, a parody of the Harry Potter books. It's looking good so far.
Just downloaded it. Can't pass up freebies, particularly when they come with a good recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Well, I finished off Ships of My Father's, by Dan Thompson. This is a sort of YA-ish Trader Space Opera.
Sounds like a really good book. I added it to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhe View Post
I'm re-reading The Dresden Files series for the 4th time. Great series for anyone that loves Urban Fantasy. Some say the first couple of books were a bit slow but I've enjoyed every one of them over and over.
These have been on my list for a long time. I have the first two books in hand, so I probably ought to schedule them in sometime soon.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote