View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #17404
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDarth View Post
The Shining by Stephen King

Well I'm all set for Dr. Sleep.

It's been over twenty years since I last read this book and as good I thought it was since then, it's even more powerful than I remember. No doubt because in the twenty intervening years I have become a family man and father myself. My focus on this story has shifted from the horror elements to the characters.
OldDarth's excellent post derailed my reading plan. I pre-ordered Dr. Sleep and am now reading The Shining which I read long ago and have mostly forgotten. Next: back to Connie Willis and To Say Nothing of the Dog.

A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving had some laugh-out-loud funny moments and actually brought tears in places. Doesn't happen much in this jaded head. Had trouble getting into The Shining because I kept thinking about Owen.

Last edited by BelleZora; 08-16-2013 at 10:33 AM.
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote