View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Calibre's current implementation of authors and titles is something I find less than ideal. Because what I've been taught to use, and how it is implemented, are not the same.
What do you mean by "what I've been taught to use?"

Quote:
Starson17,

While that might be accurate, if I read that answer first I would only be further confused.
Nonetheless, the way I described it is how the code really works, and that's how I think of it. Chaley didn't change anything about the author, the display of the author or the author_sort field. Those details are integrated too deeply into the design of calibre to be changed. He just changed how calibre copies the author into author_sort - which makes it easier to use caliber with the ln, fn format.

For me it's easier to think about how it really works.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote