View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 04:08 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Does this make a purely cosmetic change to Calibre, effectively changing how author names are displayed in the Author(s) column of the main window? Or, are your changes altering calibre's file structure instead? Or both?
Both, because calibre uses the authors when building the path.

Quote:
And after using the technique that you show above, it would alter the functionality to which of the following?
1) File Structure results in the path: .../King, Stephen/The Stand (nnn)/
2) Author Column = King, Stephen listing it in the K's.
3) Both of the above changes
3 -- both. Calibre believes that whatever is put into author is really the author, and uses that name is several places. You have identified 2 of them, but there are also some uses when managing devices (file structure, metadata).

For example, I enter (and see) David Weber as "Weber, David". Because author_sort is set to author, he appears correctly in the 'W' section. In calibre's library, one of his books is stored as (converting to forward /s) "/Library/Weber_ David/1633 (49)/1633 - Weber_ David.epub". On my Sony Pocket, the file name is "/database/media/books/Weber, David/1633 - Weber, David.epub"

Quote:
Please explain.
Did I?
Quote:
Because I might have to contact someone regarding nominations for sainthood - at least!
Are you talking about me?!? Nahhh
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote