View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm a Linux user by the way. Have been for decades. I'm no stranger to Microsoft, but it's not what I use for my development machine (nor my everyday machines).

I'm not panicking and I'm not paranoid. But when I leave my computer for any length of time, documents I care about are not open in editing programs. When I'm at my computer, I multitask with the best of them.

But I'm done with this. The tiny number of Sigil users who've reported being burned by Mac's tendency to delete temp files left open for more than 48 hours assures me that doing so is not "typical" behavior. And for those who it is typical behavior, Sigil provides a way to set its scratch directory to somewhere in your user directory so it doesn't get harvested by the system temp cleanup (though I still believe it's your penchant for diddling with epub archives via eCan Crusher that is probably the root of your issues, rather than Mac's temp-file cleanup).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 06-26-2017 at 10:34 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote