Thread: Sony or iRiver?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 01:59 AM   #7
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
First of all, thanks for the answers.

@greenapple,
Well, from what I can see in your threads, you've had problems with DOC and fonts. Documents I don't care about, since I won't be using it for that. Fonts would be annoying. Has any firmware upgrade resolved your problem, or are you still facing this issue? And does it affect only a few books, or is it widespread?

@tablettweet,
Personally, I would've just gone ahead and bought the Kindle, but the problem is it's not available in this part of the world*. As for the price, the US prices are different from here. Electronics are frequently more expensive here because they have to be imported, plus their mark-up etc. The Sony Touch over here costs the equivalent of $430; the iRiver is about $300.

@ChrisC333,
Yeah, the support issue is the main reason I'm hesitating to buy the Story. Sony, obviously, have a significant presence here, but I'm not sure about iRiver.

* - I live in Dubai.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote