View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 06:32 PM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetareticuli View Post
I have the exact same problem with responsiveness. I find it odd that the reviews you mention point out a lack of response? It's the opposite. Like you, I am also looking for a solution to the problem of accidentally clicking on items as you scroll.

zetareticuli,

Yes, among others, CNET, Engadget, and Wired have all made some reference to "slow" or "sluggish" performance. I'm starting to wonder if I just got lucky or I have a completely different product than the reviewers . For instance, the Wired reviewer mentions "the eDGe's poor battery life: just about two hours of active use in our tests, and a mere eight hours on standby." As I write this, I've had the device off the charger since Friday morning at 10:00 a.m. (i.e., over 40 hours ago) and the battery status indicates 64% remaining. In this case, it may be that some reviewers are leaving the WiFi on, which I've found will deplete the battery at around the stated 6-hour mark. More to the point, as others have stated, I think the best feedback will come from individuals who are using the eDGe for *their* normal life and work styles. Of course, that doesn't mean it will prove to be a long-term success; only time will tell that. But, from my early experiences, it has been far more useful for its marketed purposes, especially for a first-generation device, than is indicated by many of these reviews.
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote