View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
ePub slowdown then lockup

I have a strange problem with one ePub book. It was originally html and I converted it to ePub using Calibre. It's about 160 pages - 12 chapters.

As I was reading it and got to about chapter 11, I noticed it was taking longer and longer to change pages, particularly at chapter boundaries. Then it eventually lockup up. I couldn't change page, and couldn't exit the book, not even bring up the menu.

So I reset the PP and opened the book again. It opened, but at Chapter 6, so I used the catalog/chapter menu to go to the last chapter. The first page of the chapter opened, then it froze again.

I reset it, then went and read a different book. It was fine on this other book. I have read about 10 other books since buying my PP, and the battery is full (before anyone suggests that ) so I think hardware problems are unlikely.

Anyone else experienced anything like this? I have the latest firmware from late last year. This is the worst possible way to fail, as it prevented me finishing a book that I had been avidly consuming. I guess I will have to try to finish it using Calibre on my computer.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote