Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 03:02 PM   #867
m4mmon
Enthusiast
m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.m4mmon is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: PB631, PB741, PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Enabled wifi yesterday night on my Vivlio flashed with Pocketbook firmware. Received an upgrade request. Accepted it. My PB is back to the Vivlio firmware ! :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
It's interresting...
I think there is as indicator in the Inkpad to know if i't a "french" version.
You"ll need to inactivate the automatic updates ans re apply the .bin file.
I know for a fact that with 626 models, a portion of the serial number was used to determine which set of manuals, bootlogos, offlogos etc. were installed when updating firmware, but nothing more. With YT...00W... you would get international stuff, and with YT...00M..., a restricted set with only french resources. But nothing more, and that's why one could turn his vivlio/tea/etc. branded device into a pocketbook one.

So maybe now they included branded stuff inside firmware updates, or more likely, they serve firmware updates depending on the serial number? (for that last point, the device sends some information to pb when checking for OTAs).
m4mmon is offline   Reply With Quote