View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Why isn't it suited for it, and how exactly is a rubber-banded Kindle "wearable computing" any more than the one held in my hand and stored in my pocket? Perhaps it too is wearable computing if I wrap the strap around the back of my hand.

The watches I agree, they're too small. But floating the text in your field of vision is perfectly reasonable, it's the concept behind a HUD.
The Google Glass is sorta general purpose, in it's own way. It at least is not purpose built for reading specifically. So it does a couple things OK, but nothing super great (except for being it's own thing). Reading on it is fine, but you have to look to the upper corner and it cannot display much text at a single moment. It would be kinda like reading e-books on an really early Palm that could only be viewed from an up and to the right angle. Doable, I suppose, but torture for most people.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote