View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #52
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by silisk View Post
The serial connection can be accessed using the two pads that are to the right of the SD card slot: the pad on the left is the UART Rx, while the pad on the right is the UART Tx. They're even labelled, but the labels are kind of hard to spot.

The serial interface gives you access to the u-boot bootloader. I lose the ability to input anything after the kernel boots, so I can't login to the terminal; that might just be a problem with my device though.

Now, to find that elusive JTAG...
This really good news: we can check out new kernels or booting from the SD card if the bootloader allows this (and recover bricked device when JTAG comes out ) . I'll give it a try.

The serial line becoming unresponsive after boot sounds to me likely because of a different speed setting: it should be 115200 for the login prompt.
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote