Thread: Coolreader
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #19
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
The older and newer models are not binary compatible. This has been tested a few times. But yes, if the source code of programs are available that run on the older models than it is little effort to port it to the newer models. All my changes to the djviewer run on both platforms because I've compiled them with two different compilers from a very similar source code (only a few changes in the make scripts).

Paola, I'm afraid but there is no such thing at the moment as an universal application. (Technically it is to some extend possible to have "universal" applications but they depend on virtual machines (e.g. java) or interpreters (e.g. perl). But generally you will have the best experience if you compile the the programs for directly for your platform.

Reader42 was so kind and send me the source code of his modifications. So I might be able to try it tonight to compile it for the 90x, 60x series. Thank you reader42 for sending the sources and for porting it.

It would be interesting to hear how JimStar has ported his code. Reader42 spend quite some time on developing his own plugin/interface for the communication with the screen. There is however a plugin called nano-X which apparently didn't compile on the older model. So if this plugin compiles on the newer devices this might make things more stable. I had already a try at the nano-X plugin but it depends on a good number of libraries but I didn't have enough time to follow it up.

So now it shouldn't be too difficult to compile Reader42 port (and it's dependencies) in the next few days.

Last edited by review; 03-10-2011 at 06:07 AM.
review is offline   Reply With Quote