Thread: Coolreader
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #18
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
I'm no expert in these matters and have no new Pocketbook to test it.
But my understanding is, that while the old models were all binary compatible, the new ones are not. (Did anyone try it?) So you have to at least recompile them. But that is not as easy as it should be, as there is no SDK yet for the new models.
The two SDKs that were cobbled together by LoneTech and sergeyvl12 work pretty well. I've been using them fairly heavily, and haven't run into any problems yet (as far as compatibility with the new devices goes). I really don't expect the official SDK release to be that different, except that I really hope that it comes with more documentation than in the past. So far, I've had to find out many of the details by trial and error. Anyway, any code that builds for the older models can be ported pretty easily right now for the newer models. The biggest difference would be in the button mappings (and maybe in the touch pen support; I don't know if the older models support it or not).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote