View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Duiker, when I joined MR over a year ago, I read a number of posts by long-time members that said that one should never count on firmware updates. There had been too many instances of companies that failed to keep their promises regarding updates.

I took that advice to heart, and purchased the least expensive unit available, the jetBook Lite, with low expectations. There have been two firmware updates since then, and I am quite pleased with the current edition. I consider myself lucky.

When you bought your Kobo, it was one of the least expensive devices. I believe that for the next couple of years, buying an inexpensive unit that does not do all that one might hope for is the way to go.

So my philosophy is: Keep your expectations low, and you won't be disappointed.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote