View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #12
Martijn
Connoisseur
Martijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-booksMartijn has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
Interesting, which wiki do you use that can do PDF export?
It's mediawiki combined with the pdf-export extension from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Pdf_Export.

Installation was quite simple:
- It requires that htmldoc is installed on the server, so this might be tricky. I run my own server so this was not a problem for me.
- The internationalization file (PdfExport.i18n.ph) didn't seem to work right; it always selected the last language entry in the file, so I moved my language to the last position.
- I replaced the
Code:
passthru("htmldoc ...."
line with:
Code:
passthru("htmldoc -t pdf14 --size 122x150mm --fontsize 10 --top 6mm --bottom 5mm --left 5mm --right 5mm --textfont helvetica --charset iso-8859-1 --color --quiet --jpeg --webpage '$mytemp'", $returnStatus);
to produce iLiad friendly PDF files based on the standard feedbooks template for the iLiad.

The results look ok. The only problem is tables that are too wide will get cut off.
Martijn is offline   Reply With Quote