View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplay View Post
I finished "House of Suns" a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. [...] I can easily say the book deals with something on the scale of 6 million years of human advancement out into the galaxy, not counting what happened before that time and not counting what may or may not happen in neighboring galaxies. The key to it all is that as ridiculously huge as all that sounds, Reynolds presents it in a very plausible and accessible manner.
The scope of this sounds similar to that of Asimov's Foundation series. Is that a fair comparison?

I haven't read anything by Reynolds yet and I'm intrigued, so I added House of Suns to my TBR list. Thanks for the suggestion!
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote