View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 AM   #24
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
I have a Note since 8 months, and absolutely love it.
Big? No, it is small.
For a bookreader that is.
And a very good reader it is; it only gets beaten by e-ink in sunlight, in all other circumstances I prefer it to my Sony Pocket. Very good screen for reading, and with apps like Mantano completely customisable.
It is also a decent music player, especially if you add a 32 GB SD.
It is a great GPS, nice game machine, fine organiser, great for things like Whatsapp.
Camera is good for a phone, almost on par with a sub 200 compact, but no optical zoom of course.
Battery life is reasonable, if I forget to charge it at night I usually survive the next day, with 2 or 3 hours a day reading and music.
If only I could figure out why it makes that ringing sound from time to time...
Seriously, as a phone it is good enough for an occasional caller like me, especially since I have big hands, but if you like to make many/long calls you might want to look elsewhere.
But for me it is the first device ever made that does everything I use it for very well, last year I carried a GSM, MP3 player and reader, occasionally a compact camera and GPS, now all I need is one device.

Pity the Note 2 gets a 16:9 screen, as opposed to the Note 1's 16:10; I find that to narrow to comfortably read from in screens under 7". Otoh, this might be a good moment to pick up a Note 1 at a decent price, the 2 is only incrementally better, and the screenwidth is worse.

Last edited by dura; 08-31-2012 at 05:19 AM.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote