View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #21
dionoea
Enthusiast
dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dionoea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightWeight View Post
I spent more time than I should have trying this out every way 'til Sunday. No dice. First of all /root is in a tmp folder (/var/tmp/root) so anything you put there is volatile. I created /root on / and put /.ssh/authorized_keys there but sshfs didn't try to use it.
~ refers to the home directory (there is no automatic fallback to /root). So they would need to be in /var/tmp/root. You could add an init script which copies the keys there at boot. Or you could edit /etc/passwd to put root's home directory somewhere else. I'm sure that people have already tried similar stuff on the older kindles.
Quote:
sftp doesn't work because it's not installed and the hack to put it in /usr/libexec won't work because there's no /usr/libexec directory on the K4.
About sftp I would just check what mrbob said.
dionoea is offline   Reply With Quote