View Single Post
Old 06-09-2021, 11:47 AM   #1
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Cool Calibre for other kind of information/files (i.e. web bookmarks)

Hello,
I'm well aware Calibre was created from the ground up for handling digital books.
Given that I find the software to be awesome in term of customization and features, I've just set up my custom subgroups and I find them extremely useful.

This way one can classify a single book in a hierarchical way but also assign the same book to two different group/hierarchy without duplication.

Given that many researches are pointing in this direction as to be the "right" way or let's say the more similar way how we think and store information in our brain (more like a network then a rigid hierarchy) I would find very useful to apply this categorization to other kind of files/information.

When we think of a category in our mind, we can identify that particular book or other kind of information, that is, for example, web links to external resources in that category.

Still, I know the support for other kind of files is not the priority but wouldn't it be possible to store for example web bookmarks the same way? Would a plugin be able to do this? And if so, would it be possible with the same logic to extend this to other kind of files (audiobook, research papers, images, ectr).

I haven't found any other software being cross-platform (even in the single osx platform) and so flexible that can handle this kind of custom classification of informations.

What are you tough?
groob is offline   Reply With Quote