View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Lightbulb "drmfree" tag introduced at Amazon

TeleRead reports on a campaign to spread the "drmfree" tag in Amazon.com's Kindle store.

Quote:
Both Steve (Windwalker) and I (David Rothman) urge other writers to tag their DRMless e-books the same way, in the wake of his TeleRead post calling for this. Then they’ll show up when people type drmfree into Amazon’s tag search engine. Tagging is easy, and you can do it in a flash.
The point is simple: Let consumers see what is DRM-encumbered, and what is DRM-free in the Kindle strore, and vote with their wallets. Their hope is that eventually, Amazon will get the message and dump DRM from the Kindle store altogether, or at least wherever possible.

They also advocate independent sellers using the tag. I've already added it to my website's keywords, since all of my novels are sold DRM-free. I encourage any othr authors of DRM-free material (and sites like MobileRead) to do the same where applicable.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote