View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
The Kobo Arc is intended as the replacement for the Vox, and overall it looks great. Twice the clock speed, lots more RAM, and many other advantages. So am I going to replace the Vox with it? Likely not. I might replace my Vox with the new Kobo Glo (front-lit e-ink e-reader), actually.

Unless it's an oversight, there's no mention of SD card support in the Kobo Arc (it does mention SD card support for some of the other new e-readers, which increases the odds it's not an oversight).

And the idea of an e-ink reader with a front-lit option is kind of appealing. We'll see if I can live with the slower screen updating versus a tablet.

But I want a Windows 8 tablet anyway, and that's more appealing to me than an Android tablet, so I'll just use the Kobo app on that for times when I'd prefer a tablet over e-ink.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote