View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 05:58 PM   #28
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
I do! Pace Hitch, I hate the html that comes out of Word. Msonormal, ugh.

I use Word to compose, because I have an add-in that enables it to understand WordStar keyboard commands, which double my typing speed. Again pace Hitch, I have no interest in learning how to use Styles in Word. It takes literally seconds to clean a 60,000-word Word doc, may one minute for a 150,000 word. Of 26 published books, not nearly as much as half an hour.

The only time I use Book View now is to do a quick check on hyperlinks. For me, Preview Pane has wholly replaced it.

NJ, dear:

You should be careful to use "multi-quote" when replying to more than one poster. The secodn quoted portion of your response was to exaltedwombat, not me. *do* care about the quality of the code, because IMHO, and IME, using hinky code gets you hinky results, and worse, unpredictable, unforeseen, hinky results. I'm not a happy camper about those.

ALSO, if you don't want to learn how to use Styles, in Word, nj, then honestly, you should NOT be giving toots, or lessons, or selling a book, on how to turn Word into html, because, with all due respect, you are missing 90% of the actuality of it, and making MORE work than needs doing.

The REASON that you "hate the HTML that comes out of Word" is because you don't know how to bloody use Word. It's like the posters that complain that Sigil is a crappy word-processor. So it is, because: it's not a word-processor. If you refuse to take the entire HOUR it might take you, to learn how to use Styles and Headings, in Word, then you have precisely ZERO right to bitch about what it outputs--because it is outputting exactly what you are INPUTTING. You can pace me all you want, NJ, but them's the beans. Literally, in this instance, scitis autem rei vobis loquor. (With apologies to Foxe).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote