View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 07:48 PM   #18
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I’ve decided to give up on fixed goals for 2023 as I’ve done so poorly with them in recent years, but just identify areas of interest and track my reading. My only set goal is the MR/StoryGraph challenge.

I was tempted to do a goal of one Victorian novel a month, but I know the more goals I have, the less likely I am to hit any, so I’ll just try to keep it in mind.

My real goal is to read a lot less junk and while I suppose I could set a limit each month on how much trash I can read it strikes me as awfully negative. So I’m just going to try to focus on what really interests me and see how it goes. It just occurred to me - perhaps at the four-month or six-month mark I could do an assessment.
I tried make sure I didn't add any trash to the SG challenge for myself for just that reason. I was disappointed when half of my top 10 this year were re-reads.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote