View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
While updating to libfuse3 for sshfs, I somehow remembered that Kobo kernels don't ship with FUSE enabled.

Because sshfs is fun, I tried to see if I could get FUSE modules to build & actually behave on Kobo...

So, after a bit of tinkering, here it is.

For now, I'm only attaching stuff that I could test myself. There's a vague chance the H2O modules will work on other Mk. 5 devices. Same for other Mk. 7 devices with the Forma ones.

This should be unpacked to / (and I do mean / ), allowing you to use insmod to load the fuse.ko module (via its full absolute path, because Kobo's allergic to modutils).

These were built straight from the Linux kernel sources made available by Kobo, with a GCC 4.9 TC (in a vague attempt to match Kobo's current TC, which, it turns out, they're not actually using for kernels. Oh, well. ).
Attached Files
File Type: gz FUSE-Kobo-Mk5-H2O.tar.gz (40.4 KB, 376 views)
File Type: gz FUSE-Kobo-Mk7-Forma.tar.gz (53.7 KB, 395 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-25-2019 at 05:47 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote