View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Which is super easy to produce with an ePub file.
You only prefer LRF though because reading systems are more mature for LRF than for ePub.
Absolutely, the potential for ePUB is great, but that does not solve today's needs. Right now SONY is the only device that supports ePUB and it is okay compared to it's support for LRF. You just can't make books on the future promise. You have to supply a format that works for your customers.

ePUB is easy to convert, but the formatting is not preserved.

As producers of eBook, it is easy generating ePUB and LRF and other formats almost simultaneously, why deny a consumer the choice and give them a sub standard solution, when as producers one can produce equivalent products with little effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
And I wouldn't pick LRF in my case: I need hyphenation to get a real book-like experience and not a screen-like experience. Unfortunately, there's no hyphenation on any reflowable format on the Sony Reader.
Hmm I can't speak for earlier sony models but my 505 definitely supports hyphenation as a matter of fact view Peadar's LRF book and you will see some on his second page.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 11-15-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: correct grammer