View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzule View Post
Hi,

I know that the ePub format is just a bunch of zipped files that belong to the book. I just wanted to know how compressed this files are in .zip . Can I compress them a lot to save space ir they'll be unreadable by the device ?(for me its a sony reader 505)

thank you
With the exception of the mime-type all of the files are compressed using zip standard compression generally. Of course images are often already compressed so the difference isn't high but the text is compressed a lot. You can try a higher compression number if you wish and the zip you use supports it but don't expect to save a lot.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote