View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:36 AM   #9
Amogh Harish
Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Amogh Harish could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: MacBook Air, iPad Mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Moto G
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I think the OP was using Linux so this would not happen

I would have thought a new debug log with the device connected is likely to be to be most helpful thing for diagnosing the problem.
Okay, just a quick update. I reverted back to stock ROM on one of the Android devices and when I launched Calibre, Voila! It was detected. I was able to transfer books and do all the usual stuff. The thing is, I normally don't use this device for reading as it has a really very small screen.

I also noticed that this device showed up in the RhythmBox Player (which is default on Ubuntu) on the stock ROM. The other phone was always on stock; blame that on the lack of developers for it. Anyway, I can't seem to think of any plausible reason why Calibre detects one and doesn't the other. I'm going to take a look at the Udev rule shortly, as someone above suggested.

Meanwhile, I'm using the Calibre Companion app on the Play Store to transfer books to the other Android device.
Amogh Harish is offline   Reply With Quote