View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'll try that, but surely turning WiFi off does the same thing, doesn't it?
There is an app called "phone.apk" that you can find if you are rooted. If I root my tablet I rename the app which will keep it from running. I don;t know if ICS has fixed this problem but earlier version of Android ran the app even though there was no phone radio present.

What was happening was that the app tried to turn on the phone in a continuous loop even when asleep. Android was designed as a phone OS and phones are not supposed to go to sleep. It's the app that is depleting your battery if this condition still exists.

Wi-fi works in "airplane mode" so you'll still need to turn it off when you put the tablet to sleep.

Regards - John

Last edited by Jabby; 08-05-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote