Thread: OS issue?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Auto-Update leaves out a Ton of stuff.
I never let update do anything except Notify me.
But Windows auto-update is the way to go for the vast majority of the folks. All updates labeled "important or critical" are auto-updated and block security holes on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Then I do the custom update (includes many of the optional updates). Just too many wrong HW drivers.
Unless deemed critical the Auto-update does not update HW drivers.

@theducks - Do you know of a way for me to mark optional updates so I never see them again? An example of what I would like to hide are all of the optional language packs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote