View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #421
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab
So...

I recently bricked my Kindle so bad that actually, for the first time, I had to resort to reflashing it (because I couldn't even get it to boot to diags using ENABLE_DIAGS anymore... the device would simply not react at all on any "normal" boot).

It was actually a PITA and took 5 hours to merely find and install all those Windows drivers, but once Windows was convinced that it could actually work, everything went smoothly. BTW, geekmaster: thanks a ton for all the work you put into this!

Anyway... during that procedure, I reinitialized everything from scratch, went back to 5.0.0 from a forensic image, and then upgraded to 5.1.0.

ixtab
Added to the "success reports" list.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote