View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Color tends to push out black and white. I think that mobile phones with black and white screens did disappear. And monochrome black and white computer monitors have come close to disappearing.
This is true, but pretty much only when color has feature parity with monochrome. When I bought my first computer, for example (1987), monochrome monitors were still more popular for academic or business purposes than color because the monochrome monitors could display 80 characters on a line (about the right width for typewriting on a normal sheet of paper); color monitors could only display 40 characters. It wasn't until color monitors became otherwise as good as monochrome monitors *and* could display color that they pushed the monochrome monitors out of the market.
Quote:

I realize that many would find a mirasol color display device to be a better eReader rather than a tablet. Whether I would, I don't know for sure. Not being a particularly visually-oriented person, I doubt it.
If it were otherwise as good as an e-ink screen and the color was good (and the cost was similar), I'd probably get one. But I wouldn't pay too much extra for one.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote