View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrannen View Post
I have a number of dirs with files like: 01.html, 02.html, 03.html, etc. I'm looking for an easy way to use Calibre to take such a dir and convert it to an epub doc.
calibre isn't designed to do this. If you have a toc.html (often labeled index.html) then just drag that file to calibre, and it will create a zip file you can convert. Otherwise, build the toc file with Perl or Python. I haven't seen any threads on doing this.

Quote:
I can create a toc.html file as mentioned in the FAQ.
Once you have that, just add it, then convert it. Those steps can both be done with the CL tools.

Quote:
What I can't find is an example of how to use Calibre to do this conversion/creation from the command line (whether I need to create the toc.html or not). I need to expand beyond the GUI.
ebook-convert is the conversion command. calibredb add is the add command to build the zip file from the toc file. (I'm not sure if you can directly convert from the toc to epub - try it. Any other format that you can add can be directly converted.)

Quote:
Amusing note, in my experimentation when I first started, without a toc.html file, Calibre created my epub with all the chapters in reverse order. Oops!
This is odd. As far as I know, without a toc file, calibre would have made separate ebooks. It shouldn't have put them together reversed or otherwise.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote