View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
SansSouci653
SansSouci653 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle: File Conversion Instuctions, Please

Hello from a newbie. Please forgive any redundancy; I have been searching the boards and found the information I thought I needed but an embedded link led to nowhere, hence the instructions were missing.

I just received the latest Kindle and was hoping to give it to my husband as an anniversary present tomorrow.

I am a published author and I thought it would be an easy task to transfer my book in digital form to the new Kindle; wouldn't that be a cool surprise? Well, the surprise was on me when I learned of all the formats and conversion headaches.

I was able to do the following: I purchased my own book in .acsm and was able--with much difficulty as the download wasn't cooperating, to finally view it in Adobe ADE.

I installed Calibre and followed someone's instructions (thank you) to download the appropriate plugin, but that's as far as I could go with the missing instructions. I don't know how to find or what to do with the directory, sub tools, plugins and ineptepub_v01.2_plugin.zip.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to find succinct step-by-step instructions to complete this process I would be most grateful!!

I am assuming that once all this confusion is resolved I have to find the appropriate converted file and somehow transfer it to the Kindle. Is it done with the usb cable?

Very grateful for any help
Sans
SansSouci653 is offline   Reply With Quote