View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
Juliette
I eat books
Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Juliette , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Gen3 PRS-505 PRS-600 PB360 PB302 K2 Opus BebookMini OnyxBoox K3 KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Every time people bring up the issue of e-ink there is always somebody who trots out the response that people having been using lcds all day for years, but this ignores a crucial difference when reading a book it is a lot closer to your face than when you are using a monitor not to mention the obvious point that if you are using an lcd all day then why extend that if you have other options.

Personally, I can read fine on my ipad and I have been doing so quite a bit lately to try it out, but I still prefer to read on an e-ink reader if I am reading for an extended amount of time.
Sometimes (depending on the person) it just will mean that you will be finally able to read without your glasses on. I get all kind of reading material through the lcd screen my laptop (for 8-10 hours a day if not more), and after a while... ouch.
Juliette is offline   Reply With Quote