Thread: Kudos to Kobo
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #6
Mememememe
Connoisseur
Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.Mememememe knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo
"Great customer service" is just superficial gloss if the product is faulty. If someone produces a pile of crap, no amount of sweet-talking customer service is going to change it from crap to good, or even adequate.

And if a product is working properly, you shouldn't have need for customer service, anyway.

THAT SAID ...

If someone is on their third or fourth Kobo reader (I lost count), that would be extraordinarily bad luck. Certainly there are problems with faulty readers -- and I myself had to return a unit, and had serious troubles with the replacement (I ended up having to remove the sqlite file).

But that many problem readers? I have to wonder if perhaps the postal carrier was smacking boxes around (since two of the problems sound like they could actually be hardware damage). Or maybe the computer they're being hooked up to is somehow transmitting a virus. I'm not a techie, so I have no idea ... but I'm just stunned to hear one person having all those problems.

By the way ... OP, at the end of your post you mention that you don't have a credit card. I'm not sure if this is because you have bad credit, or simply don't like credit cards, but the advice I give to people is to get a prepaid credit card. I have one from BMO, and I use it more than my regular credit card. You just load it up with money -- whatever amount of money you want -- and use it as you would a credit card. No fees, no interest ... and more importantly, no debt, and no guilt over your spending. I use this for ebook and iTunes purchases so that I don't find my bills creeping up. Actually, I only use a regular credit card for places that won't accept prepaid (car rental agencies, for example).
Mememememe is offline   Reply With Quote