View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 AM   #14
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniej View Post
Here's my dilemma:

I have my mind set on getting a Sony PRS-600. A friend was supposed to go on a short trip to the US and he agreed to get one for me. But his trip was canceled. I have some friends in the US that will be spending the holidays here (BTW, I'm from the Philippines) and I can ask one of them to get the PRS-600 for me.

Now the delay of getting the Sony Reader got me thinking: Is it really worth getting? I'm sure that there will be no after-sales service here if I do get it. For that price, I can get an iPod Touch and use it in conjunction with Calibre and Stanza and do my reading from the Touch. With the iPod Touch, I can get good after-sales service from local Authorize Apple Retailers.

But what I'm after is the experience of reading my eBooks from a *real* eBook device.

Any advice?
I live in Manila. If you are near here and want to see some ebook readers. I have most of them and you can come by and see them. email amg1957@gmail.com
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote