View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I now leave my Vox library on the "My books" screen and I check the "Preview" screen (by swipping sideways). It's just easy to see at a glance if a book has been erroneously placed there by Kobo. Now a completely different book is showing up there daily, and it's a purchase I made months ago, before I even had the Vox, actually. I just go to the contents, navigate to a point well within the book, close it, and the preview banner is gone. If I refresh, the book gets put back into its proper place.

I could ignore the preview banner, too, but I guess I just want to make sure I still actually do have access to the full book. Anyway, it's a lot easier than what I used to do, involving going to the Kobo website and setting a bookmark from there.

I no longer use 'preview' as a wish list. It's just easier to leave it empty so I can tell at a glance whether or not the Kobo software is being goofy. I'm putting my 'might read/buy in the future' selections on a list on my account at goodreads instead.

StPaddy, I've had this happen with 4 different books so far. For the past few days, it's been just one book that this has been happening with. Kobo tried to close my support ticket, I updated when the issue started with book #2, but they haven't responded and I've concluded they don't really know what to do about it. Oh well, it's minor, as long as it ain't costing me any $.

Oops, forgot to mention that they gave me a refund for the first book this happened with, although I didn't ask for one and didn't expect it.

Last edited by 49Kat; 04-13-2012 at 03:23 PM.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote