View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey View Post
Ricky, I'm sure you'll really love it. Assuming, of course, that your imagination will allow you to travel to alternate universes where the rules can be slightly different . . .

For too many years my reading was all technical: computer and technical trade journals and stuff too boring to even think about. For two years after retiring, I hung out at the local Border's Bookstore and managed to read a book every other day (putting a magazine post card in to save my place).

This particular store had a coffee shop (Seattle's Best) and comfy chairs to sit in. Every morning I had coffee and proceeded to read. It was a great way to catch up on my recreational reading. And while I did occasionally buy a book or CD, mostly it was coffee that I purchased. There were other "regulars", but none who read so feverishly as I did, having been awakened from a long sleep.

Cheers, Carey
Oh, my imagination takes me all sorts of places. I know I will love it. The one thing I miss about working in a laboratory was that I could read inbetween setting up experiments or preparing reagents.

Once I became a lawyer ... well, you are either reading some of the most boring stuff in the world, or you are writing some of the most boring stuff in the world ... and you can't "read for fun" while you work.

I read seasonally. During periods when everything on the tube is reruns, I just turn it off and pick up a book. I'll read for several months, and then when the new season comes around, I'll read less and watch more.

I suspect I'll be getting my Kindle back today. I think Mrs. Moon will have finished the books she wanted to read. When I visited her yesterday, she was really enjoying herself with it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote