Thread: MobileRead December 2011 - Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #19
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
My point exactly about the advantage of open polling results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Not necessarily. Because if the vote were public, you may not have been the only one to cast a different vote. A book not in the top two from the hidden vote may have won, or the one that won by tie-breaker with the hidden vote may have won outright by a larger margin.
But I don't want people to only vote for what is going to win. I want them to vote for what they really want to read. I was referring to being torn about the discussion/campaigning in the threads.

It just so happened that my first choice had already been read by many of the people here, so it was not chosen. At least 3 people mentioned having read my first choice, but I chose to ignore them and vote for it anyway, not knowing that so many other people also liked my 2nd choice. A public poll would not have helped me, because, I had still voted relatively early.

I personally like having the polls hidden. I find it more interesting, exciting, and fun that way.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote