View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #22
kranu
I <3 my Kindle
kranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensionskranu can understand the language of future parallel dimensions

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakstone View Post
I used a freeware tool for this, can't remember the one I used but I'll find it when I'm on my work laptop tomorrow. However, I just found another freeware tool (for personal use) for Windows users, TSR Watermark which, after a quick test now, does the job pretty well.

I actually took this a step further and double stamped my images with name/phone no at the top and the slide to wake at the bottom, as the Kindle doesn't allow anyone who finds a password protected device to access the personal info making the personal info kind of a pointless feature unless you leave your Kindle non-password protected, which seems a bit dumb to me. Just a suggestion for anyone looking to stamp their own images.
Yes, I too wonder what the point of the "Personal Info" is. It should be that when you press the 5-way Up during the password prompt, the Kindle should display that information. Or at least make it easily accessible in some way. A person with no experience on the Kindle would not know where to find that Personal Info section.

I also stamped each of my pictures with my information. However, I did not include that in this post because I did not think that it would be useful to the users here. Most of the people who use this are actually just using the "stamp" and not the Photoshop Action. To provide a Photoshop Action file to add personal information would not be helpful. Plus, my action is customized for myself, and it is not easy to change the width/height of the box and edit the text.
kranu is offline   Reply With Quote