View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #50
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebook_novice View Post
I am in Australia and at the moment the only ereader that i can find is the irex iLiad 2nd ed which can be posted from the US (this is roughly the same price for me to buy the 1st here in oz so i was just going straight for the 2nd ed). I was just wondering about people's thoughts on the ease of use of the iLiad, eg getting stuff from net to reader (is it through a computer?) and the battery life. Whilst it is still a little pricey, i am willing to pay due the the fact that i am an avid reader and i have just strated a new job with lots of travelling and pdf's to read. Are the pdf's, especially scientific papers easy to read on the iLiad?
The iLiad is definitely your best bet for scientific papers in PDF (try searching the iLiad forum for scientific and medical). Battery life is about 15 hours, and you connect the iLiad to any computer via USB to copy files to the iLiad (internal memory, or CF card, etcetera). It can also read from a USB stick, although I have never used this capability. I have not found the WiFi to be usable (i.e. to avoid the need for a desktop computer for downloads), because its web browsers are not yet very good.

Dymocks sells the Iliad, and I assume this is the 2nd edition, see Iliad now available from Dymocks $899 Aus.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote