View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #5
taglines
Banned
taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.taglines has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
Just ignore, Darren Garrison, above. Why he thinks i, Dan Bloom, want to drive traffic to a site that it nothing more than a scrapblog for me to file away things for my own use, with virtually no traffic ever and none wanted, is beyond me, but that's Darren for you. I like the guy. I know he means well. Just ignore him. He is completely off base and wrong, but c'est la vie in the blogosphere these days.

Here's a new post about the snailpaper meme here in the Richmond Times Dispatch, written not by me, Darren, but by the deputy editor of the editorial page there, on his blog. He likes the term "snailpaper" and understands what I am trying to do with it. He blogs: "Danny Bloom, the gent who coined the term “crash blossoms,“ [see New York Times "On Language" column by Ben Zimmer about how the new term "crash blossoms" was coined, January 31 issue online and in print] writes and calls to share the idea that “snailpapers” would make a good term for the print version of newspapers. He’s even penned a manifesto: [partial quote from the Snailpaper Statement...all in good fun and seriousness at the same time. Not everyone has to like the snailpaper term, and all POVs are welcome, both pro and con.]

http://barticles.mytimesdispatch.com...date/#comments

Last edited by taglines; 02-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.
taglines is offline   Reply With Quote