View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 09:28 AM   #629
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
It's an encouragement to people to fill their cart to a point where Amazon's not losing money on Prime shipping, as they must have been with fiddly orders which were bought separately to generate credits.

I haven't had Prime in a long time and I don't know the minimum in the UK for free non-Prime shipping, but the change makes Prime virtually a lot more expensive for former heavy generators of digital credits.
There was a brief golden moment - late 2016 i think - when they upped the no rush credit to £3 ( probably because they had a black friday backlog) so you could spend £2.90 and get £3 credit back. We bought a lot of bin liners that month!

It's arguably more lucrative now to buy everything on "guaranteed" next day delivery then complain about each missed delivery date. The standard compensation for anything arriving a day late used to be an extra free month of Prime, if you complained, but it has been a long time since i have had cause for complaint so I dunno if that still applies. I did clock up about 6 free months over the last few years though.
The UK advertising Standards Authority has forced them to pull the " "guarantee" claim anyway now. they found it to be misleading.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote