View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #9
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I get told I'm in the 'boring minority' when it comes to mobile phones, but although smart-phones are huge and there's a lot less choice of 'basic' mobiles, they aren't going to disappear entirely, so why should e-readers?
Color tends to push out black and white. I think that mobile phones with black and white screens did disappear. And monochrome black and white computer monitors have come close to disappearing.

I realize that many would find a mirasol color display device to be a better eReader rather than a tablet. Whether I would, I don't know for sure. Not being a particularly visually-oriented person, I doubt it.

I consider the outstanding feature of my Kindle Keyboard 3G to be the ability to take it anywhere in the world (of the places I can imagine going) and have seamless access to key mobile web sites for email, news and weather without making special arrangements or paying a monthly fee. I can't see this happening with a color device having a higher refresh rate.

It won't be the end of the world when Amazon pulls the plug on free worldwide cell-phone based internet and/or stops making monochrome devices. Until then, these are the good old days.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote