View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
I agree that the article is confusing. And light on details. The numbers they do give seem to compare apples and oranges; for instance, the Kindle Fire is only available in the US, yet they quote the percentage of the global tablet market.

A recent survey of Fire users showed that you are typical, most are using them predominantly as an eReader. I doubt that's the case for other tablets, more apples and oranges.

It would be interesting to see numbers comparing the quarters excluding the US for eReader sales. I expect international sales will be strong this year as prices drop for eReaders, availability improves, and the ebook phenomenon catches on worldwide.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote